Can you help me with this error? I am trying to upgrade appian from 7.7 to 16.1.

Can you help me with this error? I am trying to upgrade appian from 7.7 to 16.1. I have updated to java 1.8, and jboss 6.4 as required. I made the needed changes on the configuration files and used the new repo method of setting up the configurations. But when i run jboss, i get this error. And what is very interesting is that it shows in the error message jboss 6.3! where is it still reading jboss as 6.3?

[root@testegate bin]# ./standalone.sh
=========================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: /uat/appian/bin/jboss-eap-6.4

JAVA: java

JAVA_OPTS: -XX:+UseCompressedOops -verbose:gc -Xloggc:"/uat/appian/bin/jboss-eap-6.4/standalone/log/gc.log" -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=3M -XX:-TraceClassUnloading -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval...

OriginalPostID-199517

OriginalPostID-199517

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• ...=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Dorg.apache.catalina.connector.URI_ENCODING=UTF-8 -Duser.timezone=GMT -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server -Dappian.home.ear=/uat/appian/ear -Djboss.as.management.blocking.timeout=3600 -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Djboss.server.default.config=standalone.xml

=========================================================================

16:13:09,658 INFO [org.jboss.modules] (main) JBoss Modules version 1.3.6.Final-redhat-1
    16:13:09,863 INFO [org.jboss.msc] (main) JBoss MSC version 1.1.5.Final-redhat-1
    16:13:09,949 INFO [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS015899: JBoss EAP 6.3.0.GA (AS 7.4.0.Final-redhat-19) starting
    16:13:10,456 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015956: Caught exception during boot: org.jboss.as.controller.persistence.ConfigurationPersistenceException: JBAS014676:...
  • ... Failed to parse configuration
    at org.jboss.as.controller.persistence.XmlConfigurationPersister.load(XmlConfigurationPersister.java:141) [jboss-as-controller-7.4.0.Final-redhat-19.jar:7.4.0.Final-redhat-19]
    at org.jboss.as.server.ServerService.boot(ServerService.java:321) [jboss-as-server-7.4.0.Final-redhat-19.jar:7.4.0.Final-redhat-19]
    at org.jboss.as.controller.AbstractControllerService$1.run(AbstractControllerService.java:254) [jboss-as-controller-7.4.0.Final-redhat-19.jar:7.4.0.Final-redhat-19]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [rt.jar:1.8.0_74]
    Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[3,1]
    at org.jboss.staxmapper.XMLMapperImpl.processNested(XMLMapperImpl.java:108) [staxmapper-1.1.0.Final-redhat-2.jar:1.1.0.Final-redhat-2]
    at org.jboss.staxmapper.XMLMapperImpl.parseDocument(XMLMapperImpl.java:69) [staxmapper-1.1.0.Fina...
  • ... l-redhat-2.jar:1.1.0.Final-redhat-2]
    at org.jboss.as.controller.persistence.XmlConfigurationPersister.load(XmlConfigurationPersister.java:133) [jboss-as-controller-7.4.0.Final-redhat-19.jar:7.4.0.Final-redhat-19]
    ... 3 more

16:13:10,459 FATAL [org.jboss.as.server] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015957: Server boot has failed in an unrecoverable manner; exiting. See previous messages for details.
    16:13:10,479 INFO [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-24) JBAS015950: JBoss EAP 6.3.0.GA (AS 7.4.0.Final-redhat-19) stopped in 9ms
    [root@testegate bin]#
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member
    Here's the key piece:

Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[3,1]

Check your standalone.xml file, go to the 3rd line, and the first column/character is where it is throwing this exception message of unexpected element.

My 3rd line looks like this:

<server xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:1.7">

Are you missing the '<' opening character or something?
  • Than sean, but the 1st char in 3rd line is < which is the beginning of <server xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:1.7"> same as you see above. Attached is the standalone.xml, very weird. And do you happen to know what these two extra new files are? standalone-ha.xml and standalone-full.xml?

standalone.xml

• Former Member
    0 Former Member
    I'm wondering if standalone.sh is set to look in a different directory or something, and is picking up an older standalone.xml file or something. The error is complaining about this line:

Unexpected element '{urn:jboss:domain:1.7}server'

So, in some standalone.xml file somewhere it's looking to deploy, and the line starts with that open curly brace '{' in the 3rd line followed by the rest of the details output in the message:

{urn:jboss:domain:1.7}server

That's what it appears to be from what I can tell from the snippets you provided.
  • What else can i provide to get more help? The standalone.xml has nothing ewird around the 3rd line which has "urn:jboss:domain:1.7". And whats with the message that says "jboss 6.3"! I am using jboss 6.4 :/ Where can i check which folders is the standalone.xml trying to get/use?
  • Renaming standalone.xml to standalone.xml.orig to see if i get a different message changes nothing. I still get the exact same post!
  • Actually no, i did add directoy not found. which means its reading the correct standalone.xml, any thoughts?