Hello, I'm trying to start Appian (in Linux machine, in version 7

Hello,

I'm trying to start Appian (in Linux machine, in version 7.11) following this : forum.appian.com/.../Starting_and_Stopping_Appian.html

After lunching the standalone.sh, the script loops with same errors :
08:13:55,668 INFO [stdout] (Appian PoolManager.CheckInvalidConnections - 5) java.io.EOFException: Socket returned no more data at end of stream: process-design (localhost:5016).

If I execute the chekengine.sh, I can see 3 engines in status "FATAL! No gateway is active." :
- Channels
- Process-Design
- Process-Analytics0000

The error is the same for the 3 engines :
Gateway Details (Process-Design):
_GW_ _Host_ _Port_ _Resp_ _Trans_ _Conn_ _Online_ _Size_
1 localhost 5016 Unable to contact server:parse
The application starded before I changed the FQDN and the license, so maybe it's because I stopped the applicaton in a wrong way.
Did someone face this issue before ?

OriginalPostID-206566

OriginalPostID-206566

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Yes we faced it previously. Due some reason the engines were not brought down gracefully that may be the reason. Stop everything ...Jboss,Search server and than engines. Check no k.exe exist in task manager. Now try starting in the correct sequence Appian(once engines are started until CPU usage goes normal than run checkengine script to ensure all engines are okay), Search server and than at last Jboss . If you still see the error than you may have to roll back to KDB which was properly checkpointed, but in this case there will be data loss.
  • Yes we faced it previously. Due some reason the engines were not brought down gracefully that may be the reason. Stop everything ...Jboss,Search server and than engines. Check no k.exe exist in task manager. Now try starting in the correct sequence Appian(once engines are started until CPU usage goes normal than run checkengine script to ensure all engines are okay), Search server and than at last Jboss . If you still see the error than you may have to roll back to KDB which was properly checkpointed, but in this case there will be data loss.
Children
No Data