I had to make changes and republish my CDTs several times. Now when I package it

I had to make changes and republish my CDTs several times. Now when I package it gives several warning which says "The deleted type will not be included in the export and the references to the type have been updated to poin to a different type". Hope my export will go through....

OriginalPostID-68172

OriginalPostID-68172

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • When you update/publish a CDT change you need to run Impact Analysis so all the items using the CDT get updated to use the new version. The error you are seeing indicates the reference has been updated in the export because the deleted types are not included in your application. However, you shouldn't rely on this feature because that means your items (e.g. models, data sources) in the source environment haven't been updated completely so I wouldn't expect your models to use the latest version of your CDT there.

You better run impact analysis (before the export) by selecting the checkbox next to your CDT in the Data Management tab and then clicking on "Impact Analysis" it will tell you what objects need to be updated, click "Update" and let it do the work.

More information at forum.appian.com/.../Data_Type_Impact_Analysis
  • When you update/publish a CDT change you need to run Impact Analysis so all the items using the CDT get updated to use the new version. The error you are seeing indicates the reference has been updated in the export because the deleted types are not included in your application. However, you shouldn't rely on this feature because that means your items (e.g. models, data sources) in the source environment haven't been updated completely so I wouldn't expect your models to use the latest version of your CDT there.

You better run impact analysis (before the export) by selecting the checkbox next to your CDT in the Data Management tab and then clicking on "Impact Analysis" it will tell you what objects need to be updated, click "Update" and let it do the work.

More information at forum.appian.com/.../Data_Type_Impact_Analysis
Children
No Data