As per our Requirements we were advised to stop the alert emails for the New Tas

As per our Requirements we were advised to stop the alert emails for the New Task assigned to me and others , So we have changed all the alert settings in custom.properties file to "NEVER", and as per Eduardo suggestion we restarted the Servers twice, But still we are receiving heaps of mails. Can someone help me out , what am I Missing.

OriginalPostID-215240

OriginalPostID-215240

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Did you change it in the ENGINE_SERVER's custom.properties or APP_SERVERS' custom.properties?
  • Hi Eduardo, we have provided the changes in Both the servers.
  • I am surprised that's not working. Never seen this before, all the times it turns out a misconfiguration.

1. What Appian version?
    2. Do you see a runtime_ear directory under <APPIAN_HOME>?
    3. Please copy and past the settings you set to NEVER in this post.
    4. Have you tried running

server\\_scripts\\reload-properties.bat|sh
  • Hi Eduardo, sorry for the delay in response,
    1. Appian version : 7.4
    2. we have only ear not runtime_ear not sure both are same.
    3.server.conf.notifications.process_escalation_msg_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.process_new_task_me_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.process_new_task_others_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.process_new_task_unassigned_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.tempo_comment_on_message_commented_on_msg_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.tempo_comment_on_post_commented_on_msg_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.tempo_comment_on_system_post_commented_on_msg_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.tempo_comment_on_post_msg_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.tempo_comment_on_message_msg_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.tempo_comment_on_message_to_group_msg_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.tempo_hazard_on_post_commented_on_msg_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.tempo_hazard_on_system_post_commented_on_msg_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.tempo_hazard_on_post_msg_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.tempo_group_message_posted_msg_timing=never
    server.conf.notifications.tempo_post_attributed_to_you_msg_timing=never
    4. No we did not run the above mentioned properties.
    Please advise.
  • How many boxes are involved in this environment? Do the engines and application server run in the same box or they are two separate VirtualMachines/Boxes?