Hi All, I would like to know for a cloud setup , what are the detail

Hi All,

I would like to know for a cloud setup , what are the details that will be required if I have to un-archive specific process instances.

Thanks!!

OriginalPostID-216589

OriginalPostID-216589

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • 1. Until and unless you archive them manually or make use of a process (by making use of components such as Process Management Smart Services), the instances stays in the system forever.
    This is the problem with unarchived instances and we should keep an eye on these kind of instances as they may stay forever if we don't archive them back.

2. I will say that it depends on the requirement. In some places clients may ask to maintain the instances for 1 year and in some places, client may ask to maintain for 4 years. Ultimately as it's a file stored on the local file system, I don't think it's a big deal even if we maintain the files for years and years and as long as the files are present, it's not a tough job to bring them back into Appian. Anyhow this answer is made as far as my knowledge is considered and so I would leave it open to others just in case if they have different opinions or views.
  • 1. Until and unless you archive them manually or make use of a process (by making use of components such as Process Management Smart Services), the instances stays in the system forever.
    This is the problem with unarchived instances and we should keep an eye on these kind of instances as they may stay forever if we don't archive them back.

2. I will say that it depends on the requirement. In some places clients may ask to maintain the instances for 1 year and in some places, client may ask to maintain for 4 years. Ultimately as it's a file stored on the local file system, I don't think it's a big deal even if we maintain the files for years and years and as long as the files are present, it's not a tough job to bring them back into Appian. Anyhow this answer is made as far as my knowledge is considered and so I would leave it open to others just in case if they have different opinions or views.
Children
No Data