How can we easily remove the Designer portal for production system hardening? T

How can we easily remove the Designer portal for production system hardening? This is an audit requirement that the Designer portal should be "switched-off" by default. When there is a need to perform those Administration tasks like Application import etc, the system administrator can reactivate it or restore it back....

OriginalPostID-69338

OriginalPostID-69338

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks Eduardo. That will do normally. However, this situation is a PCI usage and my client got an internal control policy that they need to be 100% on top of their environment. They need to monitor every activity that the Appian administrator may do such as adding/removing and granting permission to users. I am not sure if Appian will log each of this activity. Otherwise, we can disable the Designer access entirely and the administrator has to apply for the activation by changing a config file or something which will always trigger the system monitoring team as they got a tool to monitor file changes in the file system. Any suggestion?
  • Thanks Eduardo. That will do normally. However, this situation is a PCI usage and my client got an internal control policy that they need to be 100% on top of their environment. They need to monitor every activity that the Appian administrator may do such as adding/removing and granting permission to users. I am not sure if Appian will log each of this activity. Otherwise, we can disable the Designer access entirely and the administrator has to apply for the activation by changing a config file or something which will always trigger the system monitoring team as they got a tool to monitor file changes in the file system. Any suggestion?
Children
No Data