How can we easily remove the Designer portal for production system hardening? T

How can we easily remove the Designer portal for production system hardening? This is an audit requirement that the Designer portal should be "switched-off" by default. When there is a need to perform those Administration tasks like Application import etc, the system administrator can reactivate it or restore it back....

OriginalPostID-69338

OriginalPostID-69338

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In that case you can disable it completely just change line #69 in that plug-in from:

if (user.getUsername().equals("Administrator") ||

to

if(

this way the Designer will be accessible only to users inside the Custom Designers Group mentioned before. If you keep that group empty then nobody will have access to Designer, not even the "Administrator" account. If a change is needed and somebody has to access designer, then that person has to go do the server and remove the plug-in, this action can be logged by monitoring tools in the OS level I'd assume.

Keep in mind that when you have a web server in front of an application there is usually an access log which stores the URLs requested by the end-user, in Appian the name of the actions are very suggestive, for instance, if a user is updating a profile you will this in the web server log:

2013-04-25 19:45:46 /suite/personalization/updateuser.bg?%24e=detailPane&appian_environment=designer - 200 0.048

Those are the options that come to my mind right now given there's no specific configuration at the Appian level itself to log every action that is taken by the user once he's logged in.
  • In that case you can disable it completely just change line #69 in that plug-in from:

if (user.getUsername().equals("Administrator") ||

to

if(

this way the Designer will be accessible only to users inside the Custom Designers Group mentioned before. If you keep that group empty then nobody will have access to Designer, not even the "Administrator" account. If a change is needed and somebody has to access designer, then that person has to go do the server and remove the plug-in, this action can be logged by monitoring tools in the OS level I'd assume.

Keep in mind that when you have a web server in front of an application there is usually an access log which stores the URLs requested by the end-user, in Appian the name of the actions are very suggestive, for instance, if a user is updating a profile you will this in the web server log:

2013-04-25 19:45:46 /suite/personalization/updateuser.bg?%24e=detailPane&appian_environment=designer - 200 0.048

Those are the options that come to my mind right now given there's no specific configuration at the Appian level itself to log every action that is taken by the user once he's logged in.
Children
No Data