Questions Regarding the "Deactivate Users Who Have Not Logged In Recently" Option on the Admin Console

Certified Senior Developer

Questions regarding the "Deactivate Users Who Have Not Logged In Recently" option on the admin console:

* Will this feature work when users are authenticated in ways other than Appian password?
* What time do users become deactivated? (We need to run a nightly process to also make updates in our database to synch the inactive status of our users).
* If a process is invoked to re-activate a user account, does that reset the timer that deactivated the user?

OriginalPostID-227028

OriginalPostID-227028

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    I didn't find out any specific details. I just run a process that checks nightly if any users are missing from our All Users group in Appian that are active in our business database (meaning Appian did the deactivation), and use that to mark them as inactive in the database as well, and set a new flag which indicates it was inactivated due to inactivity. I have a separate action for admins to reactivate any users who were inactivated due to inactivity, and have modified the LDAP sync to never reactivate users. I also updated an action that runs the LDAP sync on specified users to give the option to reactivate while synching - but it will ignore any users with the inactivated due to inactivity flag (which need to be reactivated by the other action first).

It unfortunately had to be a bit convoluted, but it works. Except for one instance where Appian didn't return all the expected group members of that group when the process ran during an import.
    I didn't find out any specific details. I just run a process that checks nightly if any users are missing from our All Users group in Appian that are active in our business database (meaning Appian did the deactivation), and use that to mark them as inactive in the database as well, and set a new flag which indicates it was inactivated due to inactivity. I have a separate action for admins to reactivate any users who were inactivated due to inactivity, and have modified the LDAP sync to never reactivate users. I also updated an action that runs the LDAP sync on specified users to give the option to reactivate while synching - but it will ignore any users with the inactivated due to inactivity flag (which need to be reactivated by the other action first).

It unfortunately had to be a bit convoluted, but it works. Except for one instance where Appian didn't return all the expected group members of that group when the process ran during an import.
Children
No Data