Questions Regarding the "Deactivate Users Who Have Not Logged In Recently" Option on the Admin Console

Certified Senior Developer

Questions regarding the "Deactivate Users Who Have Not Logged In Recently" option on the admin console:

* Will this feature work when users are authenticated in ways other than Appian password?
* What time do users become deactivated? (We need to run a nightly process to also make updates in our database to synch the inactive status of our users).
* If a process is invoked to re-activate a user account, does that reset the timer that deactivated the user?

OriginalPostID-227028

OriginalPostID-227028

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Cool - that's about what we have, though we've never bothered create a special front-end process to reactivate users who got auto-disabled (i suppose it wouldn't be too hard though). The reason I ask though is because of a special pain point - we have a special non-user user account to be the "general global admin", with publishing authority over all process models, etc. A user at the customer organization is supposed to routinely log in as that user, to prevent expiration, but we realized early monday morning that they'd accidentally elapsed that timespan, and it instantaneously broke hundreds of instances that we had to go around and manually restart. So now I'm fishing for better ways to protect that user against auto-expiration.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Cool - that's about what we have, though we've never bothered create a special front-end process to reactivate users who got auto-disabled (i suppose it wouldn't be too hard though). The reason I ask though is because of a special pain point - we have a special non-user user account to be the "general global admin", with publishing authority over all process models, etc. A user at the customer organization is supposed to routinely log in as that user, to prevent expiration, but we realized early monday morning that they'd accidentally elapsed that timespan, and it instantaneously broke hundreds of instances that we had to go around and manually restart. So now I'm fishing for better ways to protect that user against auto-expiration.
Children
No Data