Unable to login after upgrade

Certified Lead Developer
I upgraded my local from 16.1 to 16.2 and everything starts fine, but I get a 401 - Unauthorized for any user (including Administrator). I have checked I copied all the KBS, etc. but can't see what I missed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

OriginalPostID-237398

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Does the error log provide more than just the 401 that you see when logging in? It may provide something additional like a CSRF or CORS origin error.

Do different browsers provide different results since browser client security settings can vary between your browsers?

Check if your SERVER_AND_PORT goes to a web server, like Apache, and verify if the configurations follow best practices. The way that security is set in the Apache configuration could cause something like this.

You can also test setting your SERVER_AND_PORT to hit your application server directly to see if this works around the 401 problem, further isolating it to the web server layer. This applies if you aren't already setting it to the application server URL to begin with.
  • Does the error log provide more than just the 401 that you see when logging in? It may provide something additional like a CSRF or CORS origin error.

Do different browsers provide different results since browser client security settings can vary between your browsers?

Check if your SERVER_AND_PORT goes to a web server, like Apache, and verify if the configurations follow best practices. The way that security is set in the Apache configuration could cause something like this.

You can also test setting your SERVER_AND_PORT to hit your application server directly to see if this works around the 401 problem, further isolating it to the web server layer. This applies if you aren't already setting it to the application server URL to begin with.
Children
No Data