HTTP Basic Authentication

Is HTTP Basic Authentication only available for Web APIs? Could it be used to login to other sections of Appian?

OriginalPostID-239972

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Wouldn't work because I require HTTP Authentication.

To give you a bit of background, I'm looking at a way to automate PDF snapshots of Record Dashboards at certain steps in the process to avoid having to generate a document for each type of dashboard that we have. I was thinking of creating a plugin that would use wkhtmltopdf (open source html to pdf library) to do this. Only issue is that the library uses HTTP Authentication for taking snapshots of protected pages. Most Web APIs that do these kinds of snapshots also mostly support HTTP Authentication (probably because they are probably all based on wkhtmltopdf).
  • Wouldn't work because I require HTTP Authentication.

To give you a bit of background, I'm looking at a way to automate PDF snapshots of Record Dashboards at certain steps in the process to avoid having to generate a document for each type of dashboard that we have. I was thinking of creating a plugin that would use wkhtmltopdf (open source html to pdf library) to do this. Only issue is that the library uses HTTP Authentication for taking snapshots of protected pages. Most Web APIs that do these kinds of snapshots also mostly support HTTP Authentication (probably because they are probably all based on wkhtmltopdf).
Children
No Data