Hi Appian Team, I have newly been asked to look after Appian and imm

Hi Appian Team,

I have newly been asked to look after Appian and immediately I have been asked to locate the Appian DB - i have browsed all the unix application server content however I cannot find any reference to the DB. Where can I possibly find this information?

Arvi...

OriginalPostID-71411

OriginalPostID-71411

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Go to forum.appian.com/.../ and then search for the pages listed (without underscores).

If a business user wants to run queries, that implies they want to write SQL against a database. Inside Jboss you'll find an appian-ds.xml file that indicates where the relational database is located. However, that file also includes the username and password of the *system* account used by Appian to connect to the database. The business user will need a separate username and password which only has read-only permission. Do not give them the username and password used by Appian. You may need to talk with your IT department about this.

Instead of writing one-off queries, I would recommend instead that the business owner define Appian reports and/or Appian records and paging grids in order to expose the data he/she is looking for. Or he/she can use Query Rules in process to query the database. The benefit, besides not needing to connect directly to the database, is that they'll be able to save the reports and processes to use later or share with others.

FYI - you can't write queries against the Appian Engines - you define reports within Appian to expose that data.
  • Go to forum.appian.com/.../ and then search for the pages listed (without underscores).

If a business user wants to run queries, that implies they want to write SQL against a database. Inside Jboss you'll find an appian-ds.xml file that indicates where the relational database is located. However, that file also includes the username and password of the *system* account used by Appian to connect to the database. The business user will need a separate username and password which only has read-only permission. Do not give them the username and password used by Appian. You may need to talk with your IT department about this.

Instead of writing one-off queries, I would recommend instead that the business owner define Appian reports and/or Appian records and paging grids in order to expose the data he/she is looking for. Or he/she can use Query Rules in process to query the database. The benefit, besides not needing to connect directly to the database, is that they'll be able to save the reports and processes to use later or share with others.

FYI - you can't write queries against the Appian Engines - you define reports within Appian to expose that data.
Children
No Data