First Fitnesse Test

I am following below steps to start with Fitnesse and I am able to run start.bat successfully.
But i dont see "Login Test Example" {Step 3 below} in my Fitnesse Screen . Please can someone advise me here ?

Running Your First FitNesse Test
------------------------------------------------------
1. Start FitNesse if it isn't already running by running start.bat.
2. Navigate to http://localhost:8980
3. Click on the Login Test Example and follow the instructions marked "Please fill out the following before testing" to execute your first test script
4 .Click Test.

Also, I don't find TESTING_HOME folder . Attaching screen for the same .

OriginalPostID-247842

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• After navigating to http://localhost:8980 click on Examples under FitNesse for Appian grid. There click on 'Test Example +'. You will land on the simple login test example. You are good to edit and test it then.
  • Hello, I can see Test Example . Thankyou! One more question. I need to set default browser as IE . Because chrome and firefox are installed virtually in my machine . Please can you advise ?
  • Use | setup with browser | BROWSER | and replace BROWSER with IE
  • For this click on Edit at the top of example page and modify the BROWSER and other fields like appian url, version etc there...
  • Hey Thanks a lot . I made the change and click on Test . I am getting something like this (Attached). Am I missing something ?

• __EXCEPTION__:java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
              at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginIntoWithUsernameAndPassword(BaseFixture.java:301) [fitnesse-for-appian-1.4.jar]
              at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginIntoWithUsername(BaseFixture.java:331) [fitnesse-for-appian-1.4.jar]
              at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginWithUsername(BaseFixture.java:342) [fitnesse-for-appian-1.4.jar]
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.8.0_66]
  • In the initialization section please verify you are providing the appian url for tempo or site(whichever you are using ) correctly, and also modify the login details then save and test.
  • Hi, Changed login details and URL ... But getting this error ..Any idea ?
    2016-11-21 17:04:28,691 [main] DEBUG com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.tempo.TempoMenu - WAIT FOR [Records]
    2016-11-21 17:04:28,691 [main] ERROR com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.exception.ExceptionBuilder - Tempo Menu - Records
    java.lang.NullPointerException
              at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:212)
              at org.openqa.selenium.support.ui.FluentWait.<init>(FluentWait.java:102)
              at org.openqa.selenium.support.ui.WebDriverWait.<init>(WebDriverWait.java:71)
              at org.openqa.selenium.support.ui.WebDriverWait.<init>(WebDriverWait.java:45)
              at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.tempo.TempoMenu.waitFor(TempoMenu.java:56)
              at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.TempoFixture.clickOnMenu(TempoFixture.java:78)
  • sorry . I am getting this error now . Any suggestions please?
    2016-11-21 18:46:03,771 [main] DEBUG com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.tempo.TempoLogin - LOGIN [anushri.sharma@fmr.com]
    2016-11-21 18:46:03,911 [main] ERROR com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.exception.ExceptionBuilder - Login page - anushri.sharma@fmr.com
    org.openqa.selenium.InvalidElementStateException: Element must not be hidden, disabled or read-only (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
    Command duration or timeout: 94 milliseconds
    Build info: version: '2.53.0', revision: '35ae25b1534ae328c771e0856c93e187490ca824', time: '2016-03-15 10:43:46'
    System info: host: 'BOSV000449W7', ip: '10.108.73.19', os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.8.0_66'
    Driver info: org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver