Fitnesse For Appian- Login Script Issue

Hi All,

I am trying to run my first fitnesse login script but facing some difficulty.Trying to troubleshoot the issue and it looks like browser related issue .
As per below document all 4 zones named Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted Sites and Restricted Sites under security tab should be checked but in my case one of the zone is unchecked and in my organization we don't have permission to change the browser settings .

localhost:8980/FitNesseForAppian.Documentation.Development.Troubleshooting

Also , I am not able to use CHROME and FIREFOX since they are installed virtually, not sure how do we handle that scenario in FitNesse for Appian . Is there any other approach ? Please help?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Execution Logs for Reference...

OriginalPostID-248766

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• ... :-
    2016-11-23 00:06:27,030 [main] DEBUG com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.tempo.TempoLogin - LOGIN [anushri.sharma@fmr.com]
    2016-11-23 00:06:27,202 [main] ERROR com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.exception.ExceptionBuilder - Login page - anushri.sharma@fmr.com
    org.openqa.selenium.InvalidElementStateException: Element must not be hidden, disabled or read-only (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
    Command duration or timeout: 92 milliseconds
    Build info: version: '2.53.0', revision: '35ae25b1534ae328c771e0856c93e187490ca824', time: '2016-03-15 10:43:46'
    System info: host: 'BOSV000449W7', ip: '10.108.73.19', os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.8.0_66'
    Driver info: org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver
    Capabilities [{browserAttachTimeout=0, ie.enableFullPageScreenshot=true, enablePersistentHover=true, ie.forceCreateProcessApi=false, ie.forceShellWindowsApi=false, pageLoadStrategy=normal, ignoreZoomS...
  • ...etting=false, ie.fileUploadDialogTimeout=3000, version=11, platform=WINDOWS, nativeEvents=true, ie.ensureCleanSession=true, elementScrollBehavior=0, ie.browserCommandLineSwitches=, requireWindowFocus=false, browserName=internet explorer, initialBrowserUrl=http://localhost:25387/, javascriptEnabled=true, ignoreProtectedModeSettings=false, enableElementCacheCleanup=true, unexpectedAlertBehaviour=dismiss}]
    Session ID: 3837f936-3dac-49ba-a2a2-06b00ff5ecd0
              at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
              at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:206)
              at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:158)
              at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWeb...
  • ... Driver.java:678)
              at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.execute(RemoteWebElement.java:327)
              at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.clear(RemoteWebElement.java:140)
              at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.tempo.TempoLogin.login(TempoLogin.java:51)
              at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginIntoWithUsernameAndPassword(BaseFixture.java:303)
              at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginIntoWithUsername(BaseFixture.java:331)
              at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginWithUsername(BaseFixture.java:342)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
  • Hi Anushri Sharma, Please try the following.
    Edit the login script like below, this will invoke the IE browser, I have configured the setup to login to forum, please replace those with your appian instance url along with username and password. Let us know if this is worked.
    /* lOGIN TEST*/

!3 Please fill out the following before testing
    * If your TESTING_HOME is located somewhere other than ${automated.testing.home}, update the custom.properties file in TESTING_HOME/configs.
              * For more information look at [[Changing ''!-FitNesse-! for Appian'' Installation Location][.FitNesseForAppianDocumentation.ChangeFitNesseForAppianHome]].
    * Update the following
              * REPLACE_APPIAN_URL with Appian URL including /suite (ex: forum.appian.com/suite)
              * APPIAN_LOCALE with (en_US or en_GB) to handle differences in how dates are displayed
              * APPIAN_VERSION with (7.10, 7.11, 16.1, or 16.2)
              * REPLACE_USERNAME with username for Appian URL above
              * REPLACE_PASSWORD with password for username and Appian URL above

!*** FitNesse Configurations
    !define TEST_SYSTEM {slim}
    !define COMMAND_PATTERN {java -Dlog4j.debug -Dlog4j.configuration=file:\\\\\\${automated.testing.home}\\log4j.properties -cp %p %m}
    !path ${automated.testing.home}\\**.jar
    ***!
    !*** Initialization
    !| script |com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.TempoFixture|
    |setup selenium web driver with browser|IE |
    |set appian url to |forum.appian.com/.../ |
    |set appian version to |16.3|
    |set appian locale to |en_us |
    ***!
    !*** Login to Tempo and go to Records
    !| script |
    |login with username|REPLACE_USERNAME|and password|REPLACE_PASSWORD |
    |click on menu |Records |
    ***!
  • Hi chandrasekharg, Please can you let me know How can we add our custom functions to the Fitnesse Appian library and use them ??
  • Hi Anushris, could you please let us know what exactly means the custom functions. Are you trying to create functions that are not available in FitNesse? if you could you please let us know what functions you are trying to create.
  • Hi chandrasekharg , yes I wanted to create my own functions that are not available in FItnesse.. Is it possible ? IF yes can u tell me how do I add it to the apian library ?