Logging IP or hostname of request origination

Hi, we have a requirement to log the request origination Hostname or IP address. If we add these values in the org.apache.log4j.MDC we will be able to log it. Does appian has any values added to MDC that we will be able to use in log4j properties.

OriginalPostID-264462

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Given that objective, I think it's worth noting that you can collect extensive metrics of that nature from within the product itself. For example, you could track which users (or groups of users, etc) are using certain applications. You could, of course, aggregate and sort this data in any number of different ways.

When you then combine that with the product's existing, out-of-the-box logs, you could take it even further, and see how frequently users log in, and where they log in from, how many calls are made at different times of day, which regions have the most activity on the server and when, and so on...

I think it is likely possible to obtain the knowledge you're wanting (i.e. information about user usage patterns) with logs and other tools available in Appian, and would suggest looking into the access logs and audit logs (as well as process and task reports) as a starting point, rather than the engine logs. The engine logs are likely not the best source of information for your specific objective, at least, as I understand it.
  • Given that objective, I think it's worth noting that you can collect extensive metrics of that nature from within the product itself. For example, you could track which users (or groups of users, etc) are using certain applications. You could, of course, aggregate and sort this data in any number of different ways.

When you then combine that with the product's existing, out-of-the-box logs, you could take it even further, and see how frequently users log in, and where they log in from, how many calls are made at different times of day, which regions have the most activity on the server and when, and so on...

I think it is likely possible to obtain the knowledge you're wanting (i.e. information about user usage patterns) with logs and other tools available in Appian, and would suggest looking into the access logs and audit logs (as well as process and task reports) as a starting point, rather than the engine logs. The engine logs are likely not the best source of information for your specific objective, at least, as I understand it.
Children
No Data