Hi, We have a problem with the usage of the RAM memory on our Appian PROD s

Hi,
We have a problem with the usage of the RAM memory on our Appian PROD server.

Hardware Configuration:

Hard Disk :

200GB (D:)
50GB(C:)

RAM Memory :

16 GB

Usage:

Memory Usage is constantly over 95 %(after Appian and Jboss are up).
I am not sure but I think that after Appian is started and before we start Jboss the memory usage is around 75%.
Usage of the hard disk space is also very big (D:/appian folder is over 130 GB where d:/appian/server/ process is around 86GB)
We are using clean up scripts and we are keeping last 7 kdb for each gateways and they grow up to 2.5 GB.
During one day (24hours) the number of kept kdb for each gateway surpasses 7 and it goes up to 10.
In some previously momement checkengine.bat report warning and then we find out that we need to do the customization of MAX_EXEC_ENGINE_LOAD_METRIC parameter.
We made some changes on the MAX_EXEC_ENGINE_LOAD_METRIC parameter,by setting ...

OriginalPostID-75033

OriginalPostID-75033

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • ...this parameter to 960 (16x60).
    Now we suspect that that is the reason for this problematic constant used of the memory.
    Customer can not allocate any more memory or hard disk space for Production Virtual Server, so we need to do something.
    Obviously, this configuration is not done properly, so any suggestion would be much appreciated.
    There are discussions on this forum where is suggested that the default metric value (40) should be increased by the number of additional (free) GB of RAM (more than 4GB) multiplied by a factor of 60 (somewhere says 30).

So, from what I understand, for our configuration (16 GB RAM), the formula is:

40 + (16GB - 4GB) * 60 = 760

Or if we use the factor of 30: 40 + (16GB - 4GB) * 30 = 400

But somewhere in the discussions it says that we need to increase the default metric value (40) by the FREE available RAM after starting Appian multiplied by a factor of 60. But we can not see that now, because this is the production ser...
  • ...this parameter to 960 (16x60).
    Now we suspect that that is the reason for this problematic constant used of the memory.
    Customer can not allocate any more memory or hard disk space for Production Virtual Server, so we need to do something.
    Obviously, this configuration is not done properly, so any suggestion would be much appreciated.
    There are discussions on this forum where is suggested that the default metric value (40) should be increased by the number of additional (free) GB of RAM (more than 4GB) multiplied by a factor of 60 (somewhere says 30).

So, from what I understand, for our configuration (16 GB RAM), the formula is:

40 + (16GB - 4GB) * 60 = 760

Or if we use the factor of 30: 40 + (16GB - 4GB) * 30 = 400

But somewhere in the discussions it says that we need to increase the default metric value (40) by the FREE available RAM after starting Appian multiplied by a factor of 60. But we can not see that now, because this is the production ser...
Children
No Data