How to read upload csv file and read the file and load into Database

Hello,

I have one requirement, I have to upload the file and after uploading, the file is read that file and Loaded into the database.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hello ,

We have excel tools in the Appmarket. Let me elaborate the steps for better understanding.

Step 1: Get the plugin form the App Market

step 2: Create an interface with file upload component and make sure you do not accept any other values than csv and xlsx format to avoid any errors. 

step 3: Write an expression rule using the function readexcelsheet() and you will need to configure the parameters such as excelDocument, sheetNumber, startRow, numberOfColumns. call this function in a local variable and use the .result notation. ex: readexcelsheet().result 

Step 4: once you configure the above function you will have to determine how and what columns to be read. Create a cdt to store this data. 

you will have to index the data into your new cdt using the local variable which contains your data by writing a loop which will run the save casting. by doing this you can get all the data from your excel to cdt.

step 5: Create a process model which will write the read excel data stored in your cdt to your db.

I hope the steps will be of help.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Konduru Chaitanya

I have a pre built PoC on this so as to make sure the data in the .csv file is captured and displayed in a grid.

As told by Chaitanya, casting and indexing is needed to properly save the data in the DB.

Also, I suggest to properly carry the requirements so that the CDT can be created in such a way that it can be reused.

Reply Children
No Data