Start document Extraction

Hi.

Is there any way that I can start the process model without the Start Doc Extraction in Appian?

Is there any way I can pass the Excel file as input to Start Doc Extraction to get the data extracted in Appian? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    start the process model without the Start Doc Extraction

What process model are you referring to?  What does it contain?  To be clear, it's definitely not a requirement to have the Start Doc Extraction node in any particular process model, but I assume I'm not quite understanding what you're trying to ask here. 

Maybe you meant the inverse of the way you phrased it (i.e. "start doc extraction without needing a process model") -- to which I believe, based on the documentation, the answer is "no".

Is there any way I can pass the Excel file as input to Start Doc Extraction

As far as I know this service is intended to be used mainly (or only) for structured PDF files.  What is it that you hope to accomplish with an Excel file?

Certified Lead Developer
    start the process model without the Start Doc Extraction

What process model are you referring to?  What does it contain?  To be clear, it's definitely not a requirement to have the Start Doc Extraction node in any particular process model, but I assume I'm not quite understanding what you're trying to ask here. 

Maybe you meant the inverse of the way you phrased it (i.e. "start doc extraction without needing a process model") -- to which I believe, based on the documentation, the answer is "no".

Is there any way I can pass the Excel file as input to Start Doc Extraction

As far as I know this service is intended to be used mainly (or only) for structured PDF files.  What is it that you hope to accomplish with an Excel file?

Children