Bug with translation values on Interface design

Being in the design mode of an interface, when editing the label from the properties panel using the multi-language mode, and although it works correctly, once edited I can't select the different objects in the canvas, and the edit and multi-language icons don't appear next to "Label" in the properties panel.

To fix this, I switch to expression mode and, without doing anything, I go back to design mode and I can now select the different objects in the canvas, although the edit expression and multi-language icons in the "Label" property still don't appear.

In order to see them again, I have to edit the label in the canvas, "transforming" it into a fixed value, and that's when the "Label" icons appear again in the properties panel.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or this is a bug (in which case, just report it).

Cheers.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

Hello,

If translation string already added, then it is not showing icon for label, tooltip, instruction etc. If not added previously then only showing translation icon. 

Thanks. 

• Ok. At first I imagined that the icon issue might be the reason. From what you tell me, it seems that's how the platform works, although it complicates the editing a bit as you would have to go directly to the translations panel.

But what about not being able to select objects after applying that tag using the translations?

Thank you very much for your answer.

• I see that in version 24.1 the component configuration panel has been updated and now, when a string is translated, there is a link that takes you to the expression rule that uses translation!

This way, you can edit, add from the expression rule a translation, not "blocking" the layout panel.

Because, the #bug I mentioned about blocking the layout panel still exists when you use the "Add translation string" icon in the label tag. In this case, the selection and modification of components is blocked, being necessary to switch to Preview or Performance and returning to Edit, or directly switch to Expression and returning to Design.

Best regards.