Declaring Rule Inputs in child interface

A lot of child interfaces don't have variables(ri!) declared. Does not declaring ri! in child interface cause any performance or any such issues? If yes, then this should be made a part of best practice. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi trishar,

"A lot of child interfaces don't have variables(ri!) declared." where you saw this ? if this is the case then may it is requirement there.

we can not make anything best practice based on one rule or design. declaring rule input in child interface totally depend on the requirements.

If that child interface can be reused in any where in the entire application it is always good to declare the rule inputs so it can be reused by anyone without bothering the logic inside the interface.

if any child interface is created only for a specific requirement and it will never reused then you can avoid creating rule input.

regards
    Abhay
  • Still, i think it is not a good way of coding in SAIL. if you use a variable in Expression rule with out defining rule input still it wont show an error (Invalid variable(s) found) but it make the code read very hard and also can not test stand alone prone to a lot of errors, hard to debug as well as if a new developer join you team, they may have very difficult time understanding what is happening in the code it self.

Also if you take user interfaces if you do not define rule input it will complain about the invalid variables.

Not defining rule input seem to me like lazy way of getting around what we need to do and will produce not so developer friendly readable code.

Regards
    Suresh G
  • Still, i think it is not a good way of coding in SAIL. if you use a variable in Expression rule with out defining rule input still it wont show an error (Invalid variable(s) found) but it make the code read very hard and also can not test stand alone prone to a lot of errors, hard to debug as well as if a new developer join you team, they may have very difficult time understanding what is happening in the code it self.

Also if you take user interfaces if you do not define rule input it will complain about the invalid variables.

Not defining rule input seem to me like lazy way of getting around what we need to do and will produce not so developer friendly readable code.

Regards
    Suresh G
Children
No Data