can somebody show me how to configure Insert Document as Base64 into Database

I have been searching for that but i found nothing. i need to save document with base64 format to database. and found that(Insert Document as Base64 into Database) In Data Service in Process model. but somehow my configuration still wrong.

thank you in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Shandy,

I am not sure, but it has never been the best option to store the files in DB, can I ask why are you trying to do this? Maybe, you have that specific requirement?

Anyway, Let me comment some things, add some comments and ask some clarifications.
    At the end base64 is a representation of the file as a string (coded as base64). If the file is large with this conversion will make it larger. Unless you are using little files. This might be a good option. At the end the DB needs to be a string and probably a BLOB/CLOB.

Let me take a look at it, but please tell us you scenario, which DB are you using? Are you onpremise or cloud? How are you defining your CDT?

Best Regards
    José Pérez
  • Hi Jose,

Thank you for your reply, i really appreciate it.

My application is on the cloud, my DB is on the premise. i have to store the document that have been uploaded on appian to my local environment. any suggestion?

for my understanding, the fastest way to do that is save it to the DB and my other app will generated the doc to the local. the maximum file size is 2MB.

i am using sql server DB, and on the CDT i set the data type to Text with unlimited size.

Best Regards,
    Shandy.

• Hello Shandy,

Sorry I take too much time to reply, I think we are in different timezones, anyway, now that you put it that way you want to share files between cloud and onpremise and you have more control over the DB maybe this is your option.

When I think about sharing files I always think about SFTP Smart Services Plug-in, Dropbox plug-in, or maybe just the sail function a!documentDownloadLink() with another batch processing. Anyway when you are sharing files it is a good practice to get the checksum before moving it, and get the checksum in the target ( this can take extra time but it will make you aware you have moved exactly the same file) it always depends on the criticity of your files and your requirements.

I think this file copy can be async and make some validations as i mentioned the checksum. take care if you have a high volume of files to move over the time

Best Regards
    Jose
  • Hi Jose,

Glad to have your opinion, i will considered about all the stuff as you mention.
    for now, i see that a!documentDownloadLink() is the closest way.
    i will update this discussion again if i success-ed.

thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
    Shandy.
Reply Children
No Data