can somebody show me how to configure Insert Document as Base64 into Database

I have been searching for that but i found nothing. i need to save document with base64 format to database. and found that(Insert Document as Base64 into Database) In Data Service in Process model. but somehow my configuration still wrong.

thank you in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If the database is Oracle, which has a maximum of 4000 characters on a VARCHAR2 text field, and if the files are bigger - can a CLOB or BLOB be used instead (with this same base64 SmartService - or any other known SmartService )?
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to rankop
    Using the Smart service is depends on the requirement. If you want to save the document in to database, You can user base64 smart service. In this case we need to make sure that the Process instance can live short time and should not impact performance.
    BLOB data type is used typically when the data is in Binary format, and CLOB is used when the data is more than 4000 characters.
    If your requirement is just to store the document as is and then you can use SFTP smart service.
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to rankop
    Using the Smart service is depends on the requirement. If you want to save the document in to database, You can user base64 smart service. In this case we need to make sure that the Process instance can live short time and should not impact performance.
    BLOB data type is used typically when the data is in Binary format, and CLOB is used when the data is more than 4000 characters.
    If your requirement is just to store the document as is and then you can use SFTP smart service.
Children
No Data