Nested CDTs

Certified Lead Developer

I wanted to know what's Appian best practices when it comes to nested CDTs. How many levels deep should a CDT be nested? What are the draw-backs of nesting too deep? Are there any advantages of creating a view and mapping it to CDT instead of doing a nested CDT? Any input on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Adding to above points, also when you are working with Nested CDT, you might face difficulties in many aspect such as,

While converting this data, to JSON and getting the dictionary back from JSON, will be pretty difficult.

Also when you want to debug these data in UI or process model, it will be difficult while compared to normal CDT.

And I believe, we should not go for nested CDT even for single level, if we have any other choice remain,

yes I agree, as per Appian statement, upto 1 level of nested is ok or good, but I believe Appian suggests, if at all you want to go for nested CDT then go for 1 level but I believe if you can achieve the same using plain CDT, then you should always go for plain CDT
    Certified Lead Developer
    Adding to above points, also when you are working with Nested CDT, you might face difficulties in many aspect such as,

While converting this data, to JSON and getting the dictionary back from JSON, will be pretty difficult.

Also when you want to debug these data in UI or process model, it will be difficult while compared to normal CDT.

And I believe, we should not go for nested CDT even for single level, if we have any other choice remain,

yes I agree, as per Appian statement, upto 1 level of nested is ok or good, but I believe Appian suggests, if at all you want to go for nested CDT then go for 1 level but I believe if you can achieve the same using plain CDT, then you should always go for plain CDT
Children
No Data