Windows Services set to Automatically start

I'm looking into what the best practices are for starting Appian services automatically on server bootup. From my experience this is not a very good thing to have setup as the engine statuses need to be checked prior to starting up the Appian Search Service and Jboss. I can't find any documentation on the playbook or installation instructions about this. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can write Appian standalone control script (batch/shell) to start the appian services and enable this script at boot run (windows/linux).
    Script will incorporates following steps
    1. Start appian services
    2. Verify engines are up and running good executing checkengine script
    3. Start search server
    4. Verify search server process is up
    5. Start jboss server
    6. Verify jboss (application server) running good
    I did this exercise in linux server and enable the shell script at boot run.
  • Thank you Mangesh. That is what I was thinking would need to be done for a safe automatic startup.
    I also wanted to verify that it is not best practice to have the windows services set to automatically start, since there is the verification that needs done on the engines.
  • Hello Jared

I agree with Mangesh, this is the correct approach to start the server.
    when implementing it I remember by using the "start with the parameter Wait" worked better than the "call".
    But remember even when you are waiting the process it doesn't ensures it finished properly o the verify engines is really important

Please let the community know how you implemented at the end.

Best regards
    Jose
  • Hello Jared

I agree with Mangesh, this is the correct approach to start the server.
    when implementing it I remember by using the "start with the parameter Wait" worked better than the "call".
    But remember even when you are waiting the process it doesn't ensures it finished properly o the verify engines is really important

Please let the community know how you implemented at the end.

Best regards
    Jose
Children
No Data