Wizard Form vs Chained User Input Tasks for a user form flow

What is the preferred way to build out a user form flow (complete screen one to fill out general info, complete screen two to fill out detailed info, screen three is confirmation / submission)?  When would you choose a wizard form (one sail interface that controls the flow and saves all the values) vs a process model that calls multiple user input tasks as the user progresses in the form flow?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Larry Nguyen,

I presume that, In your scenario I would suggest you to go for a wizard because wizards should be used to break up a large form into smaller steps rather than activity-chaining.It is not recommended to design a wizard which require users to frequently reference previous steps to complete the current step. Whereas Activity-chained tasks are useful when something needs to happen between kicking off the process and the user seeing the form.
  • Hi Larry Nguyen,

I presume that, In your scenario I would suggest you to go for a wizard because wizards should be used to break up a large form into smaller steps rather than activity-chaining.It is not recommended to design a wizard which require users to frequently reference previous steps to complete the current step. Whereas Activity-chained tasks are useful when something needs to happen between kicking off the process and the user seeing the form.
Children
No Data