Making changes to the cdt which is already in use

Suppose i am using a CDT in my process model and i spawn a few 100-200 instances of this process model,Later once these instances are in inflight mode i realise i missed out a field in my CDT which was very important one .Then i make changes to the cdt and publish the new cdt . The later instances which i spawn will point to the newer version of the cdt .But the older instances 100-200 will still keep pointing to the older version of the CDT . In such case what measures can we take to minimise the loss because i cant just cancel all the older instances and request the client to create new instances

Please suggest

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi rohitr303 ,

Please find below the list of few things that you must consider while making changes in a CDT and publish that CDT which is also being refered by the active instances.

1.Avoid using (.) DOT operator while accessing the fields of a cdt instead use index function to access the same.

2.Inorder to avoid Process model failure make sure that before publishing the CDT there is not active instances which is refering the old CDT.

3.Incase a sail or Process model is refering a CDT then create a new version of that sail and PM like _v2 and then do the changes in that case so it will avoid the active instances refering the new sail or PM which is using that new CDT.

• Hi rohitr303 ,

Please find below the list of few things that you must consider while making changes in a CDT and publish that CDT which is also being refered by the active instances.

1.Avoid using (.) DOT operator while accessing the fields of a cdt instead use index function to access the same.

2.Inorder to avoid Process model failure make sure that before publishing the CDT there is not active instances which is refering the old CDT.

3.Incase a sail or Process model is refering a CDT then create a new version of that sail and PM like _v2 and then do the changes in that case so it will avoid the active instances refering the new sail or PM which is using that new CDT.

Children
No Data