Making changes to the cdt which is already in use

Suppose i am using a CDT in my process model and i spawn a few 100-200 instances of this process model,Later once these instances are in inflight mode i realise i missed out a field in my CDT which was very important one .Then i make changes to the cdt and publish the new cdt . The later instances which i spawn will point to the newer version of the cdt .But the older instances 100-200 will still keep pointing to the older version of the CDT . In such case what measures can we take to minimise the loss because i cant just cancel all the older instances and request the client to create new instances

Please suggest

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Rohit,
    Instead of Requesting the client to create new instances, you can do inflight modifications but this is hectic process if you do have huge number of process instances. Or you can cancel the running process instance and restart the new instance. In this way the new instance will pick the newer version of CDT(This will be a bad idea if your process model does have multiple user input tasks).
    If the above requirement does not suffice, will it be possible to give outline of the nodes configured in your process model so that we can see any other approaches might can apply for your case.
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to chandu
    Thanks The first suggestion might work in my case as i don't have much of user input tasks here thanks.
Reply Children
No Data