Back button in an Interface

I have a scenario where i have quite a few user input task with few script task in between them . I want to add a back button which will navigate the user to the previous User input task on the click of that back button .What will be the best approach to accomplish this.

Currently i am using a gateway , which will check if the back button is clicked and redirect it accordingly

Is this a suitable approach ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

If you have a lot of User Input Tasks, you can use different sections inside one form Layout and depending upon your requirements, you can either go to the next section by clicking next button or go back to the previous section by clicking the back button.
    Each time you click a button(either next or back), you should update a local variable and based on the local variable value, change the show when conditions of your sections.
    Also, your last section should show a submit button. And all your sections should show a cancel button. This can also be achieved using the value of your local variable.
    For a better understanding of this, create a new UI and from the Design tab, select "wizard". This will give you an example of how sections work based on local variable value> The have also made use of milestones in this example.

Also to select different sectionLayouts base on a local variable value, you can make use of the function choose().

Generally, if you have a lot of Forms(User Input Tasks) with no script tasks in between them, using sections is the best solution. Especially if you want better maneuverability between forms.

Certified Lead Developer

If you have a lot of User Input Tasks, you can use different sections inside one form Layout and depending upon your requirements, you can either go to the next section by clicking next button or go back to the previous section by clicking the back button.
    Each time you click a button(either next or back), you should update a local variable and based on the local variable value, change the show when conditions of your sections.
    Also, your last section should show a submit button. And all your sections should show a cancel button. This can also be achieved using the value of your local variable.
    For a better understanding of this, create a new UI and from the Design tab, select "wizard". This will give you an example of how sections work based on local variable value> The have also made use of milestones in this example.

Also to select different sectionLayouts base on a local variable value, you can make use of the function choose().

Generally, if you have a lot of Forms(User Input Tasks) with no script tasks in between them, using sections is the best solution. Especially if you want better maneuverability between forms.

Children
No Data