Auto Formatting

I was wondering if there was a way to change the auto formatting option (Ctrl+shift+F) that Appian provides so that I can customize it. I couldn’t find any information on it so I assume that it is not possible to modify. I just wanted to make sure.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    I've never heard of a way and I don't know of any way they could allow it to be edited in a way that end users could easily control or understand.

My suggestion is that designers be fairly strict in indenting their own code to their preferred format, to keep things in check. For example, the auto-format puts linebreaks into every single rule call, even small ones with one parameter (i.e. "isnull(local!test)" gets line broken), and my preference is to NOT linebreak very small ones like that, but do so for everything else.

In the case of forms that need a lot of cleanup, one could use the auto-format once to get things cleaned up, then go through and adjust the places where the autoformatter was overly aggressive, then manually keep things well formatted from that point forward.
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    I've never heard of a way and I don't know of any way they could allow it to be edited in a way that end users could easily control or understand.

My suggestion is that designers be fairly strict in indenting their own code to their preferred format, to keep things in check. For example, the auto-format puts linebreaks into every single rule call, even small ones with one parameter (i.e. "isnull(local!test)" gets line broken), and my preference is to NOT linebreak very small ones like that, but do so for everything else.

In the case of forms that need a lot of cleanup, one could use the auto-format once to get things cleaned up, then go through and adjust the places where the autoformatter was overly aggressive, then manually keep things well formatted from that point forward.
Children
No Data