How to MAP THE FORM IN THE SUB-PROCESS

Hello,

I'm in the stage of doing an instructions for Appian and I came across a stage where I have to map a form to the existing sub - process, this is the image showcased below

In my user input screen I couldn't find such page. Though if i validate i get this error "Error Evaluating UI Expression Expression evaluation error : Could not find variable 'ac!supervisorComment'" but in the instructions image pv! & ac! are defined though they are not defined in the variables, even though if I try to define it doesn't accept '!'. Can anyone please suggest.

Thank You.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

in the instructions image pv! & ac! are defined though they are not defined in the variables, even though if I try to define it doesn't accept '!'.

Please note that the variable name would not contain "ac!" or "pv!"; these are based on where the variable is defined.  AC variables are any which are defined on the "input" tab of a user input task (or other nodes).  PV variables are any that are defined in the process properties.

So if you're trying to pass "ac!supervisorComment" into your form, you would create an AC variable (again, in the "inputs" tab of the task node) called simply "supervisorComment", and then in the form definition you would refer to it as ac!supervisorComment.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

in the instructions image pv! & ac! are defined though they are not defined in the variables, even though if I try to define it doesn't accept '!'.

Please note that the variable name would not contain "ac!" or "pv!"; these are based on where the variable is defined.  AC variables are any which are defined on the "input" tab of a user input task (or other nodes).  PV variables are any that are defined in the process properties.

So if you're trying to pass "ac!supervisorComment" into your form, you would create an AC variable (again, in the "inputs" tab of the task node) called simply "supervisorComment", and then in the form definition you would refer to it as ac!supervisorComment.

Children
No Data