Best Practice for Deploying Patches

Certified Senior Developer

We have several process models in our Production environment that list an individual user as the process owner. We've changed our practice since they were initially deployed, using only a service account (i.e., Appian.Aministrator) for deployments but the process owner value has not changed even when patches were deployed that modified these process models. Do we need to export the processes using the Appian.Administrator account and then re-import them in order to change the process owner? Please advise. I don't want to risk having these processes fail if the listed process owner account becomes deactivated.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to yeswanththiyarir
    It validates what I'm concerned about. In specific:

"Process models that are configured to run as their designer will fail to run if the designer user becomes deactivated. Appian recommends that applications be imported using a service account of type System Administrator that will not be deactivated."

What surprises me is this:

"If the imported object supports versioning, the user performing the import is listed as the new version's creator. The current date and time is listed as the new version's creation timestamp. The creator and creation timestamp of previous versions are not affected."

Process models support versioning. If the Appian.Administrator account was used to deploy updated versions of a process model, why does the Owner (Creator) value still show the user account name that was used when it was initially deployed?
Children
No Data