What's the best practice to cancel an specific process instance?

whenever, we need to cancel a process instance based on a decision made in some other process. I see we have some options like Send/Receive message, Cancel Process, Set external P Vs Activity but not sure which is the best practice to use?. Can you please suggest on which option too choose and if there's any differences.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Sindhu

This is such a good question, I liked it a lot. Definitely I agree with Deepa D those are the ways to cancel the processes. personally I prefer the send message option.

I just wanted to ask you little more about your use case. why you have to kill instances? is that happening a lot?

One scenario I can imagine is that you have a process and you need to cancel it because the record was cancelled or expired? or maybe you have one task which doesn't apply any more to the process because something else happened?

Now let me tell you the reason I liked your question, I started thinking if you had the option not to create a process which will be killed, what if you can handle it DB oriented with some status?

Jose
  • Hello Sindhu

This is such a good question, I liked it a lot. Definitely I agree with Deepa D those are the ways to cancel the processes. personally I prefer the send message option.

I just wanted to ask you little more about your use case. why you have to kill instances? is that happening a lot?

One scenario I can imagine is that you have a process and you need to cancel it because the record was cancelled or expired? or maybe you have one task which doesn't apply any more to the process because something else happened?

Now let me tell you the reason I liked your question, I started thinking if you had the option not to create a process which will be killed, what if you can handle it DB oriented with some status?

Jose
Children
No Data