Versions

Hi,

Is there any best practice considering the number of versions an object can have?

Is there any limit to the number of versions an object can have?

Whats the effect of having more versions of an object performance-wise?

Thanks and Regards

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would caution against keeping around too many versions of any given object. While there is no firm number for what constitutes "too many" versions, and no hard limit on the number of versions we allow an object to have, you should keep in mind that 1) the versions will continue to take up space in memory and on-disk and 2) having objects with a large number of versions may negatively impact performance for certain operations.

I agree that this is a topic that might benefit from more elaboration in the Playbook, Knowledge Base, or general product documentation. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
  • I would caution against keeping around too many versions of any given object. While there is no firm number for what constitutes "too many" versions, and no hard limit on the number of versions we allow an object to have, you should keep in mind that 1) the versions will continue to take up space in memory and on-disk and 2) having objects with a large number of versions may negatively impact performance for certain operations.

I agree that this is a topic that might benefit from more elaboration in the Playbook, Knowledge Base, or general product documentation. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Children