Versions

Hi,

Is there any best practice considering the number of versions an object can have?

Is there any limit to the number of versions an object can have?

Whats the effect of having more versions of an object performance-wise?

Thanks and Regards

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Is there any best practice considering the number of versions an object can have?
    I think we dont have any best practice regarding Object Versions. We have best practice for naming convention for the Objects.
    Here it is : A unique PREFIX and an object naming convention has been defined and followed for all objects.
    Visit the link "docs.appian.com/.../Standard_Object_Names.html".
    Managing Object Versions : docs.appian.com/.../Managing_Object_Versions.html

I think there is no limit as it always refers latest version during execution.

I think you dont have any performance issues. It may take some disk space but it may not cause any performance issues.
    Refer the below link for more details :
    docs.appian.com/.../objects-view.html
    Versions (Single-choice)- Opens a versions modal that allow designers to open previous versions of objects.
    Connected Systems, Constants, Decisions, Documents, Expression Rules, Integrations, Interfaces, Process Models, Query Rules, and Web APIs all have a versioning capability.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Certified Lead Developer

I think we dont have any best practice regarding Object Versions. We have best practice for naming convention for the Objects.
    Here it is : A unique PREFIX and an object naming convention has been defined and followed for all objects.
    Visit the link "docs.appian.com/.../Standard_Object_Names.html".
    Managing Object Versions : docs.appian.com/.../Managing_Object_Versions.html

I think there is no limit as it always refers latest version during execution.

I think you dont have any performance issues. It may take some disk space but it may not cause any performance issues.
    Refer the below link for more details :
    docs.appian.com/.../objects-view.html
    Versions (Single-choice)- Opens a versions modal that allow designers to open previous versions of objects.
    Connected Systems, Constants, Decisions, Documents, Expression Rules, Integrations, Interfaces, Process Models, Query Rules, and Web APIs all have a versioning capability.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Children
No Data