How to avoid MNI

Hi All,

Is is best practice to use MNI's in appian , if we need to avoid this could suggest me the ways to so ?

Thanks,

Bhargavi

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Bhargavi,

Here are my inputs on Multiple Node Instances (MNI) :

1. MNI is best suited for cases where the looping functions cant be used as in the case of User Input Task that collects the data from the multiple users.
    2. If MNI is occuring in the script task where there is no user interaction, it may be possible using looping functions instead.
    3. MNI takes more memory and it is slower and it is more difficult to configure.
    4. There are two ways you can design of the each instance using MNI should be executed.
    Parallel Execution : all instances are activated simultaneously. They do not have to be completed in the same order they are activated.
    Squential Execution :the Instances are executed in the order one after the another or one at a time.

Thanks,
    Ravi.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Bhargavi,

Here are my inputs on Multiple Node Instances (MNI) :

1. MNI is best suited for cases where the looping functions cant be used as in the case of User Input Task that collects the data from the multiple users.
    2. If MNI is occuring in the script task where there is no user interaction, it may be possible using looping functions instead.
    3. MNI takes more memory and it is slower and it is more difficult to configure.
    4. There are two ways you can design of the each instance using MNI should be executed.
    Parallel Execution : all instances are activated simultaneously. They do not have to be completed in the same order they are activated.
    Squential Execution :the Instances are executed in the order one after the another or one at a time.

Thanks,
    Ravi.
Children
No Data