Best Practices for Application retirement

Hello, 

We are looking for the best practice and/or guidelines to retire an Application from Production. 

We are currently on v17.4, do we need to individually delete components to remove them from the Platform? What should we be careful of, what is the best solution? 

Any tips for us? 

Thank you,

Steve 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Steve,

You have bring a good discussion point. I don't think there is any documentation on this, but, we can take out following points,
    1. Un-Publish application - This will take out all actions
    2. Using security summary of application - Remove all the access from all the objects of end users.
    3. If you are not going through space issues, please avoid deleting components. As mentioned by Larry, it can impact other application if its shared component.
    4. Check if there are any scheduler processes or any other process which can be executed based on external system trigger. If so, disable them.
    5. Check if there are large number of incomplete process instances of this retired application. If you really don't need these instances for analysis and reporting, please delete them to free off memory.

I will keep on adding points if something new click me.
    Thanks.

• Thank you to all. we will begin by documenting steps as described above. I too will add to it as more information becomes available.
    Cheers,
    Steve
Reply Children
No Data