Architecture - Best Practices - Folder structure in knowledge centre

What are best practices for creating folder structure under knowledge centres.

Does per application should be one folder or we should create object wise folders e.g. separate for constants, rules, interfaces etc.

Can you guide on it.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Pravin,

The way that we follow when we create KC for one perticular application would be likw following.

1) Main Folder with <Application_Name> Documents
    2) Module Wise Folders inside above folder.
    3) We can have different kind of folders like, Templates Folders, Upload Document Folders (Which can be cleaned up based on the requiremnt), Downloaded/Generated/Exported Documents (Which can be cleaned up based on the requiremnt) through process model.
  • Thanks Raghavendra (Shanmukha) Reddy for detailed answer.

Anyone has other thoughts.

• I don't think there is a one size fits all answer here - in my own opinion the folder structure will vary depending on who needs to access content - which is possibly dictated by the organisational security needs.

If you have a very simple security implementation then you may not need sub folders at all....

I personally use sub folders just to house keep objects and keep things logically grouped - but that was before we had the new view in Design which makes a lot of the sub folders for constants, interfaces, expressions redundant.

Sub folders are a good way of restricting access to content - especially if you're storing documents that shouldn't have global access / visibility etc.

So in a nutshell - I think it varies depending on requirements.