Best Architecture - What are the basic building blocks i need to do on Day 1 of application development

Hi,

May i know what are the things i need to do as part of application framework? or What are the basic first things i should develop in Appian before real development?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Certified Lead Developer
    Based on the business solution that is to be developed, first and foremost the table structure should be planned. No of tables, fields in each tables, relationships among them etc. Then once table/CDT is created one can move ahead with the UI and Process design & development. If solution needs any kind of integration (LDAP, SSO etc) to be in place then setup of such integrations should also be taken care of in the beginning as well.

Hope it helps.
  • Yes Harsha, before that 1st we can understand the environment client\ project like that how many interface are there, integration point, security level, ... we can think....
  • Hi below are few inputs to help better.

I need to use REST API, no direct data source connectivity available, application includes CRUD operations.

Most of interfacing having search criteria & displaying record in grid & click on particular record details will have many options & tabs showing different data for that particular record etc. Also we have case progression.
  • Hi below are few inputs to help better.

I need to use REST API, no direct data source connectivity available, application includes CRUD operations.

Most of interfacing having search criteria & displaying record in grid & click on particular record details will have many options & tabs showing different data for that particular record etc. Also we have case progression.
Children