How much to Query when displaying a few rows at a time in a read-only grid?

Suppose I have a database table 100,000 entries large, and I want to display them in a read-only grid 25 at a time.

How can I achieve this, without having to query everything at once?

It seems that if I query using the page size (here, 25) then the read-only grid does not have an arrow allowing you to move to the next page, presumably because it thinks it is displaying everything. However, since the read-only grid does not have a totalCount parameter, I am unsure of how I can tell the read-only grid that there are still more rows to be queried and displayed.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Certified Senior Developer

I would reconsider the design as paging through 100,000 rows with a page size of 25 would require 4,000 pages, which probably won't be a good user experience. You might want to consider adding some sort of searching or filtering functionality if you have to be able to display this data in Appian (or find an alternative design to meet your requirement).

• Certified Senior Developer

I would reconsider the design as paging through 100,000 rows with a page size of 25 would require 4,000 pages, which probably won't be a good user experience. You might want to consider adding some sort of searching or filtering functionality if you have to be able to display this data in Appian (or find an alternative design to meet your requirement).

Children
No Data