Best way to migrate a large amount of documents (70-80gbs)

Hi All,

Looking for the best way to move a large amount of documents from an external system into Appian. We are replacing an existing mainframe system, and with that we are doing a doc and data migration. These documents are broken out into a logical structure, and I tried to use the upload zip piece. But Appian will only allow for folders under 1GB. I tried to break out the folders into smaller folders, but even at 600mb a folder, the system was still getting choked up. They are in the cloud. Any ideas/approaches to executing a large document migration?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We recently dumped documents (about 17 GB) from old legacy system to prod environment (Appian) using the same technique mentioned by . You can create a temp table in your environment and write record of each doc into it while transferring them using SFTP. Once you have all the info of these documents on the temp table, you can query the table (you can decide the batch size), and feed that to the actual utility (process model that does the actual doc migration). I hope this helps.

• We recently dumped documents (about 17 GB) from old legacy system to prod environment (Appian) using the same technique mentioned by . You can create a temp table in your environment and write record of each doc into it while transferring them using SFTP. Once you have all the info of these documents on the temp table, you can query the table (you can decide the batch size), and feed that to the actual utility (process model that does the actual doc migration). I hope this helps.

Children
No Data