Clarify Playbook Appian Application Internationalization Strategy

Hi,  

The Appian Playbook https://community.appian.com/w/the-appian-playbook/100/application-internationalization suggest this for record list views

"Internationalized apps need to use an expression-backed record to load the bundle once and pass the bundle into an element of the record source CDT. In the record list view the bundle element of the source CDT can be referenced to internationalize labels and data in the list view."

This is not clear what exactly we need to do.   I think its suggesting we add a "bundle" field to CDT definition but not sure.  Can anyone clarify or provide reference to example of what the practice is recommending?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Bob and I are aware of how to use Resource Bundles via the loadbundle plugin.  At issue here are two things:  the fact that there is no way to efficiently load a bundle for the grid/list views in an Entity-backed record (essentially we'd need to load the bundle for every item - which seems innefficent). 

And, the wording of the instructions that Bob quoted.  What is meant by passing the bundle into an element of the record source CDT.  This is not clear to me.

• Bob and I are aware of how to use Resource Bundles via the loadbundle plugin.  At issue here are two things:  the fact that there is no way to efficiently load a bundle for the grid/list views in an Entity-backed record (essentially we'd need to load the bundle for every item - which seems innefficent). 

And, the wording of the instructions that Bob quoted.  What is meant by passing the bundle into an element of the record source CDT.  This is not clear to me.

Children
No Data