Cloud Upgrades - First timer looking for detailed plan

Hello all,

We are planning to upgrade our new instance for the first time to the new 20.1 release and are looking for a more detailed perspective from anyone who has gone through the process and taken the time to document what actually happens on the day of. Most of the documentation I am finding is pretty light, i.e. get email>go grab a beer>wait for completion notification>test>next environment>etc. I need a little more detail to understand the order of operations and what to expect leading up to the "2 hours" and what happens after the upgrade is complete or what can go wrong and what should I do, etc. Thanks in advance!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Certified Lead Developer

In my experience it's pretty well automated.  There is little to no burden on the end users or even the local system admins, as Appian Cloud support takes care of basically everything.  You should make sure users know to be logged out beforehand (the worst that could happen is they lose some work), but otherwise, "go grab a beer" is about the best summary.  It usually takes far less long than the time window they give; an email is sent as soon as that environment's upgrade is complete so you know it's time to log in and do some quick testing if you want.

• Certified Lead Developer

In my experience it's pretty well automated.  There is little to no burden on the end users or even the local system admins, as Appian Cloud support takes care of basically everything.  You should make sure users know to be logged out beforehand (the worst that could happen is they lose some work), but otherwise, "go grab a beer" is about the best summary.  It usually takes far less long than the time window they give; an email is sent as soon as that environment's upgrade is complete so you know it's time to log in and do some quick testing if you want.

Children
No Data