Best Approach to r revert a changes in Application

Certified Senior Developer

I wanted to revert back list of object for eg . i have to revert 38 objects to its previous version , DB changes in an Application . what is the best approach to revert the changes. And can we automate this step

I could think of below 2 approach.

1.  take back up of previous application patch in git . and redeploy if in case of reverting .

2. using checkpoint we can revert it. not sure if that possible

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Both will 'work'.

• Option 2. will lose ALL changes made for a given environment (so if you're co-hosting multiple applications and you revert to a checkpoint then ALL changes to ALL applications will be reverted to that checkpoint).
    • Conversely, Option 1. will revert the changes for a specific Application, but you will need to manage any Appian data changes that might have occurred as a result of processing with the new version of you Application. Taking a backup of your Appian database tables and restoring to those along with the Application is recommended

Note: data changes made outside of Appian (e.g. through Web Services or to other data store resources) will need to be managed separately with either backout. The key here is to determine what really matters in terms of data changes.

• Both will 'work'.

• Option 2. will lose ALL changes made for a given environment (so if you're co-hosting multiple applications and you revert to a checkpoint then ALL changes to ALL applications will be reverted to that checkpoint).
    • Conversely, Option 1. will revert the changes for a specific Application, but you will need to manage any Appian data changes that might have occurred as a result of processing with the new version of you Application. Taking a backup of your Appian database tables and restoring to those along with the Application is recommended

Note: data changes made outside of Appian (e.g. through Web Services or to other data store resources) will need to be managed separately with either backout. The key here is to determine what really matters in terms of data changes.

Children
No Data