how can I identify a single item using REJECT I try using fv!item but it does not work

I been trying to use the correct way for years now, it seems there is not enough documentation online. I know you can use fn!isnull but is there other functions similar to it? All I want to do is to compare to a simple item. If array contains 3, then remove it. Is there a way to identify a single item like fv!item?

a!localVariables(
local!array:{1,2,3,4},
reject(fv!item=3, local!array)
)

wish it will return {1,2,4}

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

What is your goal?

In general, the looping functions like reject call a function for each item in your list. Depending on function and output they do various things. Reject removes the item in case the function return true.

No you can either use built in functions or your own expressions. Important is that you pass the value using an underscore "_" into the function.

docs.appian.com/.../Expressions.html

Your case:

You create a helper expression with a single integer input. Code would be like

ri!value = 3

Now you use reject like this

reject(rule!helper(value:_), local!array)

Certified Lead Developer

What is your goal?

In general, the looping functions like reject call a function for each item in your list. Depending on function and output they do various things. Reject removes the item in case the function return true.

No you can either use built in functions or your own expressions. Important is that you pass the value using an underscore "_" into the function.

docs.appian.com/.../Expressions.html

Your case:

You create a helper expression with a single integer input. Code would be like

ri!value = 3

Now you use reject like this

reject(rule!helper(value:_), local!array)

Children
No Data