Best Practice regarding calling data of Application A for Application B?

Certified Senior Developer

Hello together,

as I didn't found something suitable in Appian Playbook or documentation. (perhaps i am just blind, then please provide suitable links)
I want to ask for your experience regarding calling data of a second application.
Scenario: You have already applications A,B,C.... live.
Now you want to create another one (Application D) which likes to get some data from Application A.
What is the most elegant way in your opinion?

I think there a plenty possible ways to archive this technically. I am still thinking about the best one.

Reusing the same query rule of application A in applicaiton D regardless that its another application?
Copying/Dublicating query rules of application A to application D?
Creatin web services in application A and integration in application D?
Two data stores which use the same DB scheme?

What would be your favorite one and mostly: WHY? ;)
Looking forward to read your input there.

Kind regards to you all!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Certified Lead Developer

Two data stores which use the same DB scheme can be considered as a good option, so objects wise, it will not take any object dependencies from other applications during deployments and Application D's code can remain on its own by using its own application code. However, any DB changes we make should get approved to understand the effect on the change on both the applications. 

• Certified Lead Developer

Two data stores which use the same DB scheme can be considered as a good option, so objects wise, it will not take any object dependencies from other applications during deployments and Application D's code can remain on its own by using its own application code. However, any DB changes we make should get approved to understand the effect on the change on both the applications. 

Children
No Data