Version Migration

Hi Experts,

What all point need to be taken into consideration while Moving Application from version 17.1 to 21.4.

What all are the pre-requisite on the admin console side as well as at object level.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

That's a pretty big migration.

This is what it says for the 21.4 upgrade

This guide assumes you are on Appian version 20.2 or higher. If you are on a lower version of Appian, upgrade to 20.2 first before upgrading to the current release.

When you check out 20.2 it says the following: 

The following steps are required to upgrade self-managed installations of Appian to the current release. If you are on a version of Appian lower than 19.1, you must first upgrade to 19.1 or higher before upgrading to the current release.

I'm not sure if you can go straight from 17.1 to 19.1 - and the documentation for 19.1 doesn't seem to be available. I would suggest you contact support to get that information.

Certified Lead Developer

That's a pretty big migration.

This is what it says for the 21.4 upgrade

This guide assumes you are on Appian version 20.2 or higher. If you are on a lower version of Appian, upgrade to 20.2 first before upgrading to the current release.

When you check out 20.2 it says the following: 

The following steps are required to upgrade self-managed installations of Appian to the current release. If you are on a version of Appian lower than 19.1, you must first upgrade to 19.1 or higher before upgrading to the current release.

I'm not sure if you can go straight from 17.1 to 19.1 - and the documentation for 19.1 doesn't seem to be available. I would suggest you contact support to get that information.

Children