Asynchronous Sub-Process vs Start Process Smart Service

Certified Lead Developer

In what situations would any of you use an asynchronous sub-process as opposed to the start process smart service.  Based on my understanding, because the smart service will better balance the execution engines without any other negative impacts - I don't see the scenario where I would ever use an asynchronous sub-process.  Can someone please elaborate if there is something that I may be missing?

Thank you!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Certified Lead Developer

I agree with Mike. I use the start process node when I am initiating bulk activities (maybe from integration call) that are more like system activities and should take advantage of balancing. When I have user activity that needs to trigger/call a process, I use subprocesses. You get the benefits in debugging to follow the path, etc.

• Certified Lead Developer

I agree with Mike. I use the start process node when I am initiating bulk activities (maybe from integration call) that are more like system activities and should take advantage of balancing. When I have user activity that needs to trigger/call a process, I use subprocesses. You get the benefits in debugging to follow the path, etc.

Children
No Data