Appian developer exam

Hello guys,

I failed for the developer exam for the second time now.

I studied for the Appian developer test for 180 hours, but i still failed the exam TWICE now. I'am lost i feel like i know everything but the way the questions are formulated is very hard. I just want to review the exam so i can maybe change my studying style.  i used the exam checklist, i studied the developer course, i took the practice test 12 times and i studied the appian documentation.

ANY TIPS?

thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi - I am copying a respond I posted in the Appian subreddit a few months ago:

We recommend using Appian resources to prepare. It's great that you have made use of the courses and practice exam on Academy Online. There are even more resources you can tap into, especially on Community and in the Documentation.

Hands-on practice is really important, especially since certifications are intended to validate that you have the skills, not just the knowledge. Check out the interface recipesfunction recipes, and process model workflows and recipes available in the Docs and try to build them for yourself using your very own Appian Community Edition environment.

Look for use case inspiration in the Solutions area of appian.com and within the AppMarket. See if you can build proof of concepts of some of these.

You should also check out

For me personally, building some fun projects like little games or even a Pokédex using the PokéAPI can go a long way.

Best of luck!

Speaking of that PokéAPI - we did a livestream last week building an app with it. I shared an App Information Packet in this Community thread. You can also find the download packets for the past few Live Build Challenges in the Challenges area. Getting hands on and building apps is really important to learning (and being able to succeed as an Appian developer). I know it can be hard to come up with something to build which is why I work on developing the information packets I mentioned so that you can focus on building and not thinking up a use case.

Once you're building, you'll find you have more specific questions which you can bring to the discussion forums. 

You can do this Muscle

• Hi - I am copying a respond I posted in the Appian subreddit a few months ago:

We recommend using Appian resources to prepare. It's great that you have made use of the courses and practice exam on Academy Online. There are even more resources you can tap into, especially on Community and in the Documentation.

Hands-on practice is really important, especially since certifications are intended to validate that you have the skills, not just the knowledge. Check out the interface recipesfunction recipes, and process model workflows and recipes available in the Docs and try to build them for yourself using your very own Appian Community Edition environment.

Look for use case inspiration in the Solutions area of appian.com and within the AppMarket. See if you can build proof of concepts of some of these.

You should also check out

For me personally, building some fun projects like little games or even a Pokédex using the PokéAPI can go a long way.

Best of luck!

Speaking of that PokéAPI - we did a livestream last week building an app with it. I shared an App Information Packet in this Community thread. You can also find the download packets for the past few Live Build Challenges in the Challenges area. Getting hands on and building apps is really important to learning (and being able to succeed as an Appian developer). I know it can be hard to come up with something to build which is why I work on developing the information packets I mentioned so that you can focus on building and not thinking up a use case.

Once you're building, you'll find you have more specific questions which you can bring to the discussion forums. 

You can do this Muscle

Children
No Data