Role of appian analyst in SDLC

Hi All,

I have started my Appian journey and want to understand  the roles and responsibilities  of an Appian  analyst plays in the SDLC lifecycle.

Have gone the Appian Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), but it has point of view from the developers standpoint. 

So looking towards the community to guide me in the appropriate direction.

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• The role of Analyst at an abstract level is the same as any other technology: extract requirements from one or more subject matter experts and structure those into a form that can be consumed by the development team.

Typically we use a form of Agile when delivering Appian solutions, and the unit of delivery in Agile is the User Story. So the Analyst will be responsible for eliciting requirements and delivering User Stories. Note that in the small Agile teams we often deploy that individuals inhabit more than one role i.e. an Appian Developer can also often be the Analyst as well. In fact it's unusual to have a separate Appian analyst in our delivery teams although a Client might provide their own in-house or contracted analyst.