Best way to store Audit Fields

Certified Lead Developer

Hello Community,

It has been a standard for a while to store usernames in audit fields in Appian apps. A while back Appian added the ability for users to change their username.

I am just looking to see if this changed your approach for audit fields.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Certified Lead Developer

Also Appian does give us a nice UUID for the user object. Which when I saw this made me think it could be an easy swap from username to uuid. The problem their is that as far as I can tell, there is no way to convert from UUID to users. 

in reply to Joshua F

This is an interesting conversation, but do we ask the right question here? If our client decides to rename user accounts, they will loose track of that users activity in many places. That is at least my assumption. Now, why do I need to somehow try to mitigate this issue in Appian?

I understand that there are situations in which we might have to take care of this. I never had a client asking for this.

in reply to Joshua F

This is an interesting conversation, but do we ask the right question here? If our client decides to rename user accounts, they will loose track of that users activity in many places. That is at least my assumption. Now, why do I need to somehow try to mitigate this issue in Appian?

I understand that there are situations in which we might have to take care of this. I never had a client asking for this.

Children
No Data